Do you have those days where you forgot to meal plan or just didn’t have anything planned for dinner? You know you’ll be out doing errands or what have you all day but it doesn’t matter, you just don’t FEEL like planning dinner?
I felt like that today.
So I did come home. Tired. Worn out. Hungry.
What’s for dinner.
I had 3 options.
- Pizza frozen from another meal.
- Frozen Soup with chicken sandwiches BUT I was out of frozen chicken mix so I ixnayed this one.
- Tacos with frozen beef mix.
- Sloppy Joes with frozen beef mix
We also juice every night to be sure we’re getting a good amount of greens in our diet.
So #3 won. It was tacos by a family vote.
But then I realized that I was down a bit in the freezer dinners inventory.
So maybe it’s time to do a freezer fillup?
What foods do you make for your freezer dinners?
Here are my popular dishes…
- Beef Mix (makes tacos, sloppy joes, spaghetti)
- Chicken Mix (makes chicken salad sandwiches, chicken tacos, chicken pasta)
- Lasagna (this is so good I have to limit how many I put in the freezer)
- Soup (whenever I make soup I double the batch and freeze half)
- Ravioli (Since learning to make pasta Sweet Peanut can’t get enough ravioli. Deal is she has to help make it.)
- Meatloaf (I make a turkey meatloaf with parmesan and olives.)
Crystal over at MoneySavingMom is doing 4 weeks to fill her freezer. So far it’s been breakfast foods but I think I need to tackle those too…
©2007-2013 Homemaking Organized Blog. All rights reserved. All text, photographs, artwork, and other content may not be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written consent of the author. http://www.homemakingorganized.com/blog