You know that song “Count your blessings. Name them one by one.” Well as we get ready to ring in the New Year of 2012 I thought it a good idea to count 11 of my own blessings from 2011. Big or small they all add up. Now these are not in any particular order…
1. We were blessed to FINALLY buy a freezer. This has been the single biggest improvement in our home life this year. We have been able to do so much more not only for our family but extended family as well. Preserving summer harvest from our own garden as well as u-pick farms. Putting up more freezer meals. Taking advantage of sale on meats and fish.
2. We were blessed to be able to continue to homeschool the Sweet Peanut. We use a DVD program which is not cheap so I thank the Lord for the funds to be able to provide this top notch education for her. Not to mention the energy to work through it each day.
3. The Sweet Peanut is a blessing I am so thankful for every day. Sometimes I just look at her and marvel at God’s goodness. Her sweet generous spirit. Even when she’s giving me a hard time sometimes I just break down and smile. Thank you God.
4. The blessing of good health. I had a little issue in 2010 that I’m still recovering from but every day I get better and I’m thankful for that. I’m also thankful that it hasn’t slowed me down much at all.
5. The blessing of not only being able to meet our needs but helping to meet the needs of those around us.
6. The blessings of good friends far and near.
7. The blessing of a good husband.
8. The blessing of a renewed interest in sewing to meet some clothing needs for Sweet Peanut.
9. We were blessed to garden again and not only that to discover a lovely u-pick farm up the street. That allowed us to bless others with fresh produce as well.
10. We were blessed with a visit from not one but two relatives we haven’t seen in a while. That is always nice.
11. In 2011 we saw no major life changes good or bad and that respite was a blessing. A calm in the sea of life.
What blessings did you receive in 2011?
©2007-2013 Homemaking Organized Blog. All rights reserved. All text, photographs, artwork, and other content may not be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written consent of the author. http://www.homemakingorganized.com/blog